Thanks to the COVID-19 outbreak, many of us have been forced to work virtually. While there are some advantages like flexible schedules and no commuting stress, the situation also presents a few challenges. The lure of tempting snacks, social disconnect, and ergonomic factors can toss the best health intentions out of the window. That’s why it’s important not to let the comfort zone hamper your productivity or well-being. Here are 7 self-care tips for staying active during the pandemic while working from home.
- Set a Morning Schedule: Just rolling out of bed and onto your computer is a big no-no! Fix a morning routine and adhere to it. Prepping for the day helps in making the transition to the work mode easy.
- Dedicated Work Zone: The key is to assign an area solely for work. Make sure the chair is comfortable, the table uncluttered, and the environment soothing. It will keep you focused and even lower your stress levels.
- Steer Clear of Unhealthy Snacks: Remote working can inculcate the habit of mindless snacking. Make a conscious effort to maintain a healthy lifestyle by stacking the pantry with nutritious food items. Also, keep a bottle of water handy to stay hydrated. And yes, plan your meals and take a proper lunch break. By doing this, you are less likely to skip meals or grab unhealthy munchies when hunger strikes.
- Get Moving: Being stuck in the chair for long periods can be hazardous to health. A stroll around the house, light push-ups, a few stretches, yoga, pacing during conference calls, getting a breath of fresh air, and Vitamin D can make a huge difference. Set a timer to remind you to stand up and get moving every hour or so.
- Create a Support System: Lack of interaction with co-workers can become irksome. Some kind of social connection or virtual bonding is essential to stay motivated. Try creating a support system of colleagues and friends to chat with occasionally. It can work wonders for overall health and wellness.
- Don’t Forget Your Eyes: Staring at screens all day long can cause eye strain and potential headaches. Adopt the 20-20-20 rule. Look at something 20 feet away every 20 minutes, for at least 20 seconds, to give your eyes some rest.
- Be Sexually Active: Want to boost self-esteem and keep calm when working remotely? Get frisky under the sheets! That’s right! There is documented evidence that regular sex can bestow many health benefits ranging from physical, mental, to psychological. That being said, it’s crucial to practice safe sex with proper protection. While the male condom is a good barrier method, women can take control by using Unwanted 21, regular oral contraceptive tablets that are safe and effective.
As you can see, staying fit, healthy, and active during the pandemic is a no-brainer. Why not celebrate World Health Day by incorporating the above tips to navigate life while working from home!
This blog solely intended for the educational/informational/awareness purposes and is not a substitute for any professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your doctor/healthcare professional before acting on the information provided on the blog. Reliance on any or all information provided in the blog, is solely at your own risk and responsibility. Mankind Pharma Limited shall not be held liable, in any circumstance whatsoever.