Having a baby or a second baby must be the decision of the parents only. But in our society, the moment you are married, people start asking about your plans of having babies. Though you can avoid other people, when the pressure comes from your parents, sibling, or other near and dear ones, the situation gets tough. It becomes difficult to deny or explain your situation to them.
Let’s look at how to deal with this societal pressure of having a baby.
- Get Clear on Your Ideas: Whether you want to delay your pregnancy or do not want to go for it at all, you must be clear in your opinion. Before telling society about it, firstly you must know that what do you want. Once you have decided on this, you must adopt a suitable contraception method to avoid an unwanted pregnancy. Unwanted 21 days, regular oral contraceptive tablets, is a safe and convenient method to delay pregnancy. You can stop it anytime you plan to get pregnant.
- Stay on the Same Grounds With your Partner: Family planning is joint planning which every couple must do together. Your partner must be aware of your thoughts, and you both must agree to it. Also, it is easier to deal with society when both of you are standing together. So, talk to your partner and find out what he feels and if you’re both on the same page.
- Communicate Clearly: You must clearly and firmly communicate your thoughts to society, especially people who often bombard you with advice for getting pregnant. Also, if your parents are constantly giving you pregnancy advice, it is time to clearly but humbly tell them your plans. Clear communication is important as it helps you to avoid repetitive questions and pressure on the same topic. It might raise some eyebrows initially, but with clear communication, you can avoid all the hassles for years to come.
- Don’t Take the Comments Personally: Even after communicating your decision, many people may still try to barge in again and again. You must not take the comments personally and let them go the very next moment. Learn to appreciate the difference in opinions, and your life will be easier.
- Stay Firm: When people are confused and unclear about their decision, they tend to give in to other people’s advice. If you are firm in your head, no one will give you unwanted pregnancy advice or sleepless nights by pressurizing you. Always go back to the reason for delaying your pregnancy. If it still holds true, you shouldn’t worry about anything.
Unwanted Gyaan Se Savdhaan – Remember motherhood is a Choice
Always remember that it’s your life, and you are completely responsible for it. Motherhood is a choice, and it must never be forced upon anyone. You must understand that what do you both want as a couple and firmly stick to it, even if society questions it.
Disclaimer: This blog solely intended for educational/informational/awareness purposes and is not a substitute for any professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your doctor/healthcare professional before acting on the information provided on the blog. Reliance on any or all information provided in the blog, is solely at your own risk and responsibility. Mankind Pharma Limited shall not be held liable, in any circumstance whatsoever.