Valentine’s day, the day of celebration of love, often calls for a celebration of bodies and partners like to commemorate this special day by having sex. With sex comes the responsibility of effective contraception. Here is what you should know!
Having sex with your partner and taking the relationship to the next level is completely normal. The important thing to keep in mind is to have safe and protected intercourse. You certainly do not want an unwanted surprise. Having unprotected sex or using unreliable contraceptive can lead to unwanted pregnancy. Keep reading for Valentine’s tips and to know about how to avoid unwanted pregnancy by using the right contraceptives.
Why Use Contraceptives?
There are multiple compelling reasons you should use proper and reliable contraceptives if you are sexually active. Mentioned below are some of the reasons that you should share with your partner.
- Using proper contraceptive such as a condom can protect you and your partner from Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs).
- Unwanted pregnancy due to unprotected sex can derail your educational and financial plans.
- According to WHO, about 1.1 billion women of reproductive age need family planning to avoid financial and reproductive health instability. Contraceptives can help you with family planning.
- Unwanted pregnancies at an unsuitable or young age, such as teenage years can be a risk to both the baby and the mother.
- Using contraceptives to space-out pregnancies helps in having healthier babies.
Contraceptive Options available to You
When choosing between the available contraceptive options, it is also important to consider feasibility. In many regions of the world, contraceptive is still considered taboo. However, considering the options and discussing them openly with your partner is essential for your and your partner’s sexual safety. Here is a list of contraceptive methods starting from the most feasible contraceptives.
- IUD-Intrauterine Devices are 99% effective but not very feasible. You need to get the device inserted by a certified medical practitioner.
- Sterilization-This option is usually for individuals above a certain age who want to avoid pregnancy altogether. Vasectomy is for males, and tubectomy is for females.
- Condoms-Easily available to all age groups. However, women have somewhat limited control over this type of contraception, as it is males who have to use them. Moreover, some partners don’t like to use condoms as they reduce the sensation while having sex.
- Oral contraceptivesare the most feasible contraception types, especially when women want to take charge and not have an unwanted pregnancy.
Why Choose Oral Contraceptive?
Out of all the methods mentioned above, oral contraceptives are most feasible to all age groups and are highly reliable. Hence, it is one of the most effective and preferred methods of contraception. Unwanted 21 Days, Regular Oral Contraceptive Tablet comes in a pack of 21 and safeguards you against any unwanted pregnancy while letting you enjoy passionate lovemaking with your partner completely without any boundaries.
Bonus Valentine’s Day tips
Here are some bonus tips to make your day special yet safe-
- Always check the expiry date of the oral pills.
- It is advised to consult a gynaecologist before taking the oral contraceptive.
- Put a daily alarm on your mobile phone, so you don’t forget to take your oral contraceptive.
- Check the condoms for any damage before use.
This Valentine’s day, keep the points mentioned above in mind and enjoy the day with your partner while protecting yourself.
This blog solely intended for the educational/informational/awareness purposes and is not a substitute for any professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your doctor/healthcare professional before acting on the information provided on the blog. Reliance on any or all information provided in the blog, is solely at your own risk and responsibility. Mankind Pharma Limited shall not be held liable, in any circumstance whatsoever.