When it comes to packing for your honeymoon, most couples face the “Goldilocks Syndrome.” Too much, you have to lug heavy bags that break your back and too little, you may spend all your vacation money on buying expensive essentials at your resort.
The solution? Worry not, here in this guide; you can find the ultimate packing checklist for your honeymoon that covers all avenues and helps you enjoy a relaxing time with your BAE, to relieve all that post-wedding stress.
These are honeymoon packing essentials that you must have in your luggage at all times. Ensure that you double-check these items before you add them to your luggage.
- Confirmed airline/railway tickets. Have a copy on your phone and a printed copy, in case your phone battery dies out.
- Identity proof. This can be any one of the following – passport (a must if you are travelling abroad), visas, driver’s license and others. Make sure you have a photocopy of your essential documents, in case of emergencies.
- Credit cards and travel cards. These are the best way to fund your expenses overseas, instead of carrying around large stacks of cash.
- Some petty loose cash to pay for taxis and other small expenses.
- Hotel reservations, tour activity and other sightseeing ticket reservations. Have both digital and printed copies.
- Travel insurance. Most couples skip getting travel insurance, but it’s highly recommended in case of emergencies during your trip – like lost luggage, delayed/cancelled flights, medical emergencies, etc.
- Camera, tripods, selfie-sticks, extra batteries, power banks and memory cards to capture all your picture-perfect moments.
- If you are travelling overseas, then make sure you add a universal power adapter to charge your electronics without any issues.
- Make sure to activate international roaming on your mobile phone, or you can pick up a temporary local sim at your arrival airport.
- Motion sickness medicines and other general medicines like aspirin, antacids, etc. And, don’t forget to include your sanitary napkins/ tampons, condoms and birth control pills as it may be difficult to get your preferred brand in an overseas destination.
Honeymoon packing for her:
While this is a general guideline, you may have to tweak this list based on your destination, the season and the activities you are planning to do on your vacation.
- A pair of jeans, jeggings, or pants for wearing on the plane
- A light jacket or pullover
- A nice sundress, a formal dress (for wearing to special dinners)
- A couple of casual t-shirts, shorts
- Swimsuits, swimwear cover-ups
- Extra pairs of – underwear, socks, basic bras and some fancy lingerie
- A pair of walking shoes and sandals (if you are going to a beach destination)
- Accessories that work with all your outfits – scarves, fancy jewellery (leave your gold trinkets at home), sunglasses and hats
Honeymoon packing for him
Here’s a general guide of what guys should include on their honeymoon packing checklist. Make changes to this list based on your destination.
- A pair of clean jeans, khakis and slacks
- A jacket or pullover
- Casual shirts. Take a mix of t-shirts, tanks, polos, button-down shirts
- A nice sports jacket to wear on your special evening dinners
- Swim shorts, casual shorts for lounging
- A pair of walking shoes and a pair of casual shoes
- Extra sets of underwear and socks.
The actual packing:
If you are wondering how to pack for your honeymoon, here are a few suggestions from travel experts:
- Pack your wardrobe, accessories and other essentials in two separate suitcases – one for him and one for her. Use a duffel bag to hold all your other common items like – sunscreen, insect repellant, prescription medicines, birth control, electronics and toiletries.
- Make sure that you add luggage tags to your suitcases, so it’s easy to spot them on the baggage carousel.
- Also, carry a canvas tote bag to carry to the beach or pool and to pack in your wet clothes.
Ultimately, your luggage depends on the destination you are travelling to. For instance, if you are heading to ski resorts in the Alps, then you will have to include plenty of winter wear and ski gear. On the other hand, a couple vacationing in Bali will need extra swimsuits and beachwear. Tweak this checklist to suit your destination.